
I took this one of my sister on her way to Junior Prom with my Nikon D40x at about 35mm. I lightened her face a little and increased contrast on the sky, which I love (maybe that's just me). Otherwise, I don't love the cars in the background... I don't know if it needs a good crop... Maybe it's too cool... I'm just not sure what to do with it.
My new update based on everyone's great comments...
6 comments:
A closer crop would be awesome. It would also eleminate the cars a little. I would prefer more pop on the color and see if you can tweek the background with a free background etc.
she is a great model
A closer crop would eliminate all the background woes, though a quick cloning brush got rid of the car in the street.
Some creative cropping and smudging hid the cars in the driveways. As cool as the sky is in the SOOC photo, it is distracting from her face, so I cropped just above her head. I then played around with coloring/curves and what not;
that's how I usually find a good coloring- by experimenting with the tools. ctrl-z are my most abused keys :) I blurred the background slightly, sharpened her eyes and softened the skin a bit.
Here is my edit.
She looks fabulous! What a natural model. Unfortunately, her backdrop is less than desirable. :) The suggestions already given are great. You could also try a more funky approach by tilting her and cropping in close. I'd leave the crop as long vertically as possible to get that beautiful dress into the picture. I found that by increasing the dark just a tad in a levels adjustment layer, the dress became a much richer color. I also think the skin could be warmed up just a bit. It's near perfect, but I think just a very slight adjustment would be nice.
I would look at creating a really tight crop and give it an angle as well possibly. Keep her great smile, part of the dress and some of the sky.
Nice shot.
B Dad
I think a crop that is closer and maybe a bit ascew could really make this awesome, then adding some contrast would take this from good to great.
hi there ... just found the i heart faces site and popped over here through there. wanted to say hi!
Post a Comment